In 2011 the company Erdmann GmbH & Co. KG has designed and manufactured a fully automatic "mechanical plating system" togehter with ist partner Chemie Wocklum in Balve and a reference customer. A team of experts from the fields of mechanical zinc plating, chemical treatment and mechanical engineering completed the first prototype plant in 2012 and put it into operation. The prototype plant "MPA-12 / a" has been operating successfully and fully meets the customer's requirements and expectations. Due to the high level of automation of the MPA, enormous quality improvements in mechanical zinc plating have become possible.
Mechanical zinc plating means:
- no hydrogen embrittlement
- high-grade corrosion protection
- reliability for parts with a high claim
- long-term coating and a great adhesion of the parts which a exposed to a permant vibration
- layer thickness up to 20 μm